Do you have what it takes to keep up in the competitive world of corporate events? With the number of conferences and corporate events rising, you’ve got to be at the top of your game to hold your attendees’ attention. Whether it’s a product launch, training conference, team-building event, celebration of a milestone, or some other type of occasion, you need a solid plan to make sure your corporate event goes off without a hitch.
- Establish your objectives well in advance of the event. Laying the foundation for a successful event involves determining the purpose of the event at least eight to twelve months in advance. Determine how many people will attend, if you’ll have a larger audience through live streaming, where it will take place, and the scope of your budget.
- Brainstorm the format that will best fit your goals. Will your objectives be better served by a tradeshow, a conference, a seminar, or a dinner? Who is your target audience? Once you know who will attend and what you want to convey, you’ll be able to choose a theme that will hold the attention of the participants.
- Find the right venue. Look for a venue that’s conveniently located, with the infrastructure in place to make your event a success, and an aesthetic appeal that will elevate the excitement level of the attendees. Ideally, choose a location with experience accommodating the kind of event you’re hosting, and technology that will facilitate an effective experience for all involved. As the event draws near, and you’ve got to arrange things like catering, security, event signage, and permits, it will prove invaluable to be partnered with a venue that can provide support and high-level service.
- Do your homework when choosing event participants. Speakers, presenters, sponsors, staff, and partner organizations can all make or break your event, so do some research before you choose the people who will be involved. Make sure everyone understands the goals of your event, and have your plans in place before you reach out: aspects like sponsorship packages compensation for speakers and staff should be well defined ahead of time.
- Create a balanced agenda, to keep participants engaged. Develop your schedule at least three or four months in advance, balancing speakers and workshops with interactive activities to hold the interest of your audience. Reach out for input ahead of time, and find ways to incorporate innovative technology into your event.
- As the event approaches, work to build excitement. Create a branded website specific to your event, using images and copy that indicate your goals and give attendees a glimpse of what they can expect. Make sure the website is optimized for use on mobile devices and has the infrastructure necessary to handle increased traffic as the excitement builds. Use every tool at your disposal to promote your event, from social media and blog posts to paid advertisements and ticket distribution. Use email and social media not only to create a buzz but also to engage attendees and start a conversation.
If you’re ready to host the perfect corporate event in a location that’s well equipped to meet your company’s needs, we’ve got the perfect location for you. At Texas Training and Conference Centers, we pride ourselves on the high-quality equipment and exceptional service you’ll find at our facilities. We’ve created a full-service conference center equipped with cutting edge technology, in a setting that’s beautifully designed and appointed, with niceties like soundproof rooms and suites that accommodate up to 40 people. For the past 18 years, we’ve provided exceptional service to businesses throughout Houston, and we have the expertise to help you make your event a success. To learn more about Texas Training and Conference Centers, call us at 832.982.1708 or contact us through our website.
It’s a new year- how are you training your team to remain competitive? Any company’s most valuable asset is its human capital, so investing in your people is a smart way to start the year. Making sure you’re investing effectively, though, is a matter of paying attention to the trends in learning and development that are being successfully utilized by efficacious corporations in 2019.
- Use training as an incentive. When your company offers up-to-date training, using new tools and mediums and utilizing current technology, it can put you ahead in the competition for new talent. What’s more, learning and development can be leveraged as an employee benefit, helping you engage and retain your current employees as well as attracting future employees. Positing training as part of your benefits package, right alongside your retirement and health plans, makes good use of your resources.
- Focus on soft skills development. Technical knowledge and business sense are important, but without the development of soft skills like emotional intelligence, negotiation, collaboration, and communication, employees are not going to reach their full potential. Companies looking to broaden their reach, increase their diversity, and build a meaningful corporate culture that fosters employee retention and improves leadership skills would do well to incorporate soft skills into their training programs.
- Embrace gamification. Gamification is useful not only because it acts as a built-in reward system for employees, but also because it can be used to enhance digital skills. Digital skills should be a major focus of any training program because the speed at which technology moves necessitates the continual development of this kind of knowledge.
- Collaborate with executives. One important trend on the rise is the participation of the C-suite in planning the company’s training program. When HR and the top executives work together to build a culture of learning, it makes it easier to promote the exact goals the leaders are looking to achieve.
- Personalize learning. One size fits all is a dated concept that doesn’t work in today’s corporate climate. In order to provide effective training, it’s important to target the particular needs of the employee, focusing on the necessary areas of improvement while also engaging and offering personalized feedback.
When you’re planning an employee training event, look to a location that understands how to facilitate learning. At Texas Training and Conference Centers, we pride ourselves on the high-quality equipment and exceptional service you’ll find at our training facilities. Our computer labs and other spaces come equipped with internet accessibility, printers and fax machines, Wi-Fi setup, on-site tech support, full projection systems, workstations, whiteboards, and computers furnished with the most cutting edge technology, to ensure that your training event is a success. Soundproof rooms, continental breakfast, and optional catered lunches are just a few of the other ways we provide the little niceties that make a big difference for your event. To learn more about the computer specifications and other information about Texas Training and Conference Centers, call us at 832.982.1708 or contact us through our website.