Whether it’s a convention or a product launch, team training or team building, an event to boost productivity or a soiree to express appreciation, it’s important that you find the best facility possible for your corporate event. You need a place that’s comfortable yet professional, equipped with technology but not lacking in amenities. In Houston, it makes sense to host your next corporate event with Texas Training and Conference Centers.
- Customer service driven for over 18 years. In our full-service conference center, equipped with the finest facilities for corporate events, we’ve spent the better part of two decades serving companies and corporations throughout Houston.
- Trusted by business leaders. Because we created our facility to serve businesses and corporations in our community, and we provide them with the best service in the area, our clientele has included big names like IBM, American Express, BP, ADP, HP, Chevron, and Cisco. We feel honored to have been chosen to serve these companies, and we strive to continue to provide every customer with the level of service that earned us that opportunity.
- Facilities for private and public events. Our suites are designed to accommodate groups of up to 40 people, and these rooms are soundproofed for privacy, making them the ideal place for private training groups. Beautifully appointed, they not only have all the most up-to-date technology, but also elegant touches like crown molding, making them the nicest in the area. Our conference rooms are fully equipped with all the services and supplies you need to make sure your event goes smoothly. No matter how small or large your gathering, the staff at our Houston conference center will make you feel right at home.
- Latest technology. We take pride in placing innovative technology into the hands of the businesses we serve. We provide computer labs for training classes, as well as other cutting-edge features like LCD projection systems, professional multimedia sound systems, whiteboards, and more. Our state-of-the-art virtual training rooms give companies flexible, low cost, time-saving training options.
- Exquisite attention to detail. Our friendly staff is always standing by to assist with anything you might need. From refreshments to tech support, we take care of your group, even providing catering upon request. Our goal is to meet your needs, exceed your expectations, and make sure you’re comfortable.
When you need an outsourced meeting facility, Texas Training, and Conference Centers has everything you need to conduct effective training sessions and conferences, in an environment that’s comfortable and effectual. To learn more about Texas Training and Conference Centers, call us at 832.982.1708 or contact us through our website.
Leading a successful business training session is largely a matter of having the right plan. When you create and stick to the right agenda, you can effectively impact your employees, honing their skills and imparting the knowledge they need to succeed. To come up with your agenda, you need to ask yourself a few key questions.
- What are the goals of this session? Think about what your business needs, and what problems you’re trying to solve. Make these goals clear before the meeting, providing participants with “pre-work” that invites them to provide solutions, suggestions, and examples ahead of time so that they can be incorporated into the agenda. Send the agenda out to the participants ahead of time so that everyone can be on the same page before you get started.
- Which topics need to be on the agenda, in order to promote these goals? Creating the agenda, of course, requires careful thought. Be specific about what you’re trying to determine or achieve, for purposes of clarity in the interest of successful collaboration. What are you trying to teach, and what skills are you attempting to enhance. Make sure your objectives are clearly stated, and that the purpose of each item on the agenda is well-explained. Take into account how long you will need to spend on each topic.
- How can learning be best facilitated for those in the session? Different people on your team will have different strengths, different skills, and different learning styles. Taking these factors into consideration can help you strengthen your training session in many ways. Create a presentation that incorporates opportunities for people to not only listen, but also watch, interact, and contribute. Some of the most valuable learning opportunities come from the interaction between employees, who can use their different strengths and talents to help each other improve.
- What’s the best way to keep this session on track? Make sure you begin and end on time, because sticking to your schedule is important when you’re trying to promote cooperation within your team. Respect the time of others, and they’ll be more receptive to what you’re trying to communicate. Have a plan to deal with delays caused by other people: build extra time into your Q&A sessions, and create a “parking lot” of issues to be discussed at a later date. If someone has questions or issues that can’t be resolved in a timely manner, make an appointment for a one on one meeting later.
- How can the success of this session be quantified? Be clear at the beginning of the session about the expected outcome and your expectations of those in training. Follow up with self-assessment questionnaires, skill assessments, post-training quizzes, informal feedback from supervisors, and on the job observation. Some benefits of training, like a boost in job satisfaction and morale, can’t be measured. However, if you can pinpoint the skills you are trying to improve, you should be able to evaluate whether your training was successful in order to decide whether you need to find a different approach.
Once you’ve developed an agenda and planned a successful business training session, you’ll have to find the right place to hold your meetings. At Texas Training and Conference Centers, we provide spacious, comfortable rooms, cutting-edge technology, and exceptional support to help ensure the efficacy of your corporate meeting. To learn more about the Houston training center at Texas Training and Conference Centers, call us at 832.982.1708 or contact us through our website.